Friday 23 March 2012

My First Nerd... Lacquer: Hyperspace Bypass

The heart wants what the heart wants. There's no denying that. I've been wanting to try Nerd Lacquers since I first saw swatches of 'I Think You Call Me... Sexy' (recently swatched by the lovely Marisa). I fell in love with all that glitter! The ditherer (is that even a word?!) in me slowed me down, so I managed to only get my hands on two Nerds: Hyperspace Bypass and The Selfish Green. I'm happy with any though!


Hyperspace Bypass is from The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy series and is described as "a massively glittering big yellow something that hovers on your fingertips in exactly the way that bricks don’t. Packed with pale gold glitter, medium and large golden hex glitter, and small and medium black glitter, plus a sprinkling of holographic hex sparkles, it’ll disintegrate every other polish in your collection." Believe me when I say it does exactly that!







By the way, I used a Canon DSLR for these photographs, rather than my regular mobile camera on my Galaxy S2, so I got a bit click happy! I love the hex glitters in this polish. I did find though that there was more of the tiny black glitter than I was expecting. The formula was good, it's probably my first full on glitter polish, and my first franken, so I'm comparing it to normal polish! Though I did find myself worrying about getting it all over my cuticles and then trying to clean up the glitter!




I know the last photo is dark, I just really liked the way the little light there glints off the edges! I used Nails Inc Caviar Base Coat, two coats of Hyperspace Bypass and Nails Inc Caviar Top Coat. After a couple of days I did find one of the hexes at the edge was 'popping up', so I slicked on another layer of top coat on that nail.

I was extremely happy when stock was finally available - and with shipping to the UK - from the awesome Ninja Polish and Harlow & Co. You can also buy them direct from Amanda's Etsy shop. These babies sell out fast, so if you see them in stock, and want them, click 'buy' as fast as you can!

Overall, I'm glad I bought this, and I'm really looking forward to trying The Selfish Green!

What do you think of the yellow/gold colour? Have you tried Nerd Lacquer polishes? And last but not least, do you prefer the photos taken with the DSLR?

x

9 comments:

  1. Yayyy for your first Nerd!! Glad you like it ;0). I've never even seen this one before. Looks great on you hon! Oh, and thanks for the shoutout ;0).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marisa! And you're welcome, that colour looks amazing on you!

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful on you!! NerdLacquer is one of my new favorite polish brands, I don't think I've seen a single polish from her that I didn't like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Jacqui! I really fell in love with it once I had it on! You're right about her polishes though, I want ALL of them ;D

      Delete
  3. How pretty!! I recently got my first one as well, (I think you call me... sexy) also via Ninja, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Claudia, it's much appreciated! ITYCMS (that's way shorter :p) looks so good, it was sold out before I got there though! They are awesome polishes, did you get any others?

      Delete
  4. I have just a few Nerd Lacquers & think they're great. The descriptions she writes makes me want to order so many--even colors I don't especially like on me. :)

    P.S. Not sure you're aware you've got word verification on for comments (Blogger won't make you do it for your own blog); thought I'd let you know in case you want to take it off so commenters don't have to deal with the wonky word hurdle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I felt the same! I really want to build up my collection just because the names & descriptions are so cool :)

      I didn't know that! Thanks so much, I've removed it :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for turning it off! My eyes appreciate it. :)

      Delete