Wednesday 21 March 2012

Galahad Polka Dots

Today I have a post on one of my favourite brands, A-England. Galahad was actually the first polish I tried from this range, and it's one I love. This turquoise-blue creme shade is heavenly. It is part of The Mythicals collection.

This is a creme polish with a good coverage. I used two coats for these swatches. I've not been a fan of creme polishes, but I think because of the colour, this won me round.

With flash

Galahad is a striking colour in its own right. It's one of the colours that makes me feel happy when I look at my nails :) As much as I love this colour alone though, I wanted to try out a combination with it. I couldn't decide between Nubar Black Polka Dots or Nubar White Polka Dots, so in the end I went for both!

Without flash
The Nubar Polka Dots polishes consist of an array of 'dots' in a clear base. The coverage of the Black Polka Dots is quite light as you can see, and this is with two coats of it! It was quite difficult to get any of the larger dots out of the bottle and onto my nail.

Without flash

With flash
I added one coat of the Nubar White Polka Dots. It's very easy to see which has a better coverage/formula! With the white one, there were a large number of the larger dots on every brush stroke, to the extent that it overides the black polka dots. They both had a slight glitter in them, though it's more noticeable with the black.

Galahad was purchased direct from A-England.
Nubar Black Polka Dots & Nubar White Polka Dots were purchased from BeautyBay.com.

What do you think of Galahad? Do you like the triple combo?
x



9 comments:

  1. I love Galahad!!! Such a pretty color! Glad it won you over because I love cremes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I applied it! You always apply cremes so nicely, you inspired me to give them a chance!!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! I still haven't tried any A England polishes, I really need to soon! Everyone always has such good things to say about them =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui! You should definitely give them a whirl!

      Delete
  3. I love this Saira, it looks so pretty with the Polka DOts, I really need to get them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Esther :) Buy the polkas! You won't regret it!

      Delete
  4. I got the white ones, black are coming next!! But I love them! They make a simple color have some bling!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with that Crystal! And you can't go wrong with a little bling!!

      Delete
  5. im totally loving this brand, esp the names! this blue is divine and you rock it:) x

    ReplyDelete