Monday 23 April 2012

Three Views On Red

Hey all! This is first for me; a post about red polish! Now I know that there are people who love red in various forms, but I'm not one of them! I guess I just find red too strong a colour! For this reason, I was set a challenge; to wear red! I surprisingly own more than one red polish - given my reluctance to wear this bold colour - so I thought if I'm going to wear red, I may as well do it properly! My fellow red-wearers today are Marisa and Crystal.


I chose Bourjois 10 Day Nail Polish in shade 11 (there's no name for it on the bottle I'm afraid). I bought this polish in a fit of courage last year when I was away on holiday ;)


In my fairly simple world, I thought you either like red polish, or you don't. However, and this won't surprise most of you, there's a third band: those who don't mind it. So we have the three bands represented by Marisa who loves red, Crystal who doesn't mind it, and me, the one who doesn't like it; did you guess that??!

The first thing you'll probably notice is my poor nail on my index finger, the colour really shows up the layer :( This unfortunately is because a couple of my nails peeled, and I suspect the culprit was the base coat I was using as since I've changed, they haven't been peeling, but they haven't fully recovered yet either :(

This polish has an angled brush, to apparently make it easier to touch up, assuming the majority of the polish lasts past the 3 days minimum, and upto the 10 day maximum wear time given by Bourjois. There are varying views on the brush, but actually, after doing the first nail, I rather enjoyed using it! The forumla was smooth, though a little runny which wasn't too much of an issue as it's easy enough to remove the excess on the brush. Actually, thinking about it, the formula was just right. I normally have issues with laying cremes smooth, but not with this. Maybe I need some other colours from this range...

 

By this time, all the red was staring at me, and I was staring at it. I won obviously, because I grabbed my Andrea Fulerton Nail Boutique in Cat...

*Phew* I feel better!

It wasn't as horrendous as I thought wearing such a bright 'post box' red would be, but I'm not fully converted (yet). I am considering wearing this polish again though, as well as the Mavala and Nails Inc ones I own. This challenge was a good thing, as it's helped towards curing my fear of wearing bright red polish!

I hope you enjoyed this post! What's your view on red nail polish? Yay, nay or sometimes?

Don't forget to check out the red posts by Marisa at Polish Obsession and Crystal at Crystal's Crazy Combos!

x

11 comments:

  1. This is a really nice bright red, goes great with the gold too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Looking at the pictures is making it kind of grow on me..!

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome on you Saira!!!! Love the gold tips too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa! And thanks for making me try it!!

      Delete
  3. I think this looks lovely on you Saira, I must admit I'm of the Crystal school of though on red, in that I dont mind, I can take or leave it. I need cool toned reds though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Esther :) That middle way just never occurred to me before. Maybe I'll start going towards the middle road!

      Delete
  4. Red looks amazing on you!! I just love that color on your skin tone!!! And the gold gives it a completely different look that is also stunning!! I'm glad Marisa talked us into this!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Crystal! I think this shade of gold went quite well with the red :) I'm glad she talked us into it too!! ;)

      Delete
  5. it looks nice hun, I'm a lil scared of reds too and wear them like once in a decade maybe:P

    ReplyDelete