Tuesday 30 April 2013

Mayan Goodbyin' Shillelagh

Maybe the post title makes no sense, but it's the names of two beautiful polishes. How often do you paint your nails, and have a sort of eureka moment? The moment when you look at the finished product, and you think, "OMG, I think I'm going to faint by the amount of gorgeousness I'm looking at." I'm sure that's not just me, right?? I am so in love, I'm actually dedicating an impromptu blog post the day of wear :)


I was feeling a little uninspirational last night - I almost always do my nails just before sleeping - and going through the Helmer looking for something suitable for a quick mani in my 'recent acquisitions/mostly untrieds' drawer when I came across these. Shillelagh, part of the Enigma collection by Ninja Polish I bought on release; how could I not with it being so darn beautiful in the swatches I had seen. Lac Attack Mayan Goodbyin' I won in a giveawayhosted by Anastasia of Lac Attack :) I think my first experience of Lac Attack was from my friend Amanda over at Fashion Footing - go check out her blog if you haven't already got it in your list!


I used three thin coats of Shillelagh, coverage was even, with a good formula. I could get away with two maybe, but I wanted a more opaque look. I love the colour shift, which I've tried to capture with different lights and angles. Mayan Goodbyin' was one coat, with even coverage. I LOVE when that happens! No fishing around, no trying to hold the bottle at 46.5 degrees to try and remove the right combination of glitter and base. The combination of copper and red glitter of varying sizes really works well. I used Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick top coat on all my nails bar the middle, where I used 17 Matte Effect top coat. Looking up the 17 matte top coat it's no longer available, which is a shame as it was a good price for a good quality product.


Unfortunately, Mayan Goodbyin' is now discontinued, but Lac Attack have some amazing polishes - I definitely have some Magical Musings on my wishlist! If you're not based in the US, you can buy Lac Attack from Harlow & Co for international shipping.

What do you think of these two beauties? Love them or hate them? You already know how I feel!
x

2 comments: