Wednesday 20 February 2013

Infra Red - Not Related to Remote Controls

I'm sure it can't be just me who thinks of remote controls when hearing the term infra red... or is it?! Anyway, for the purposes of this post Infra Red is part of the China Glaze Hologlam collection, from Susan at The Subtle Shimmer. Again we have another colour out of my usual comfort zone, but believe me when I say I'm not an imposter!!


Like Not In This Galaxy, I used a base of Make Up Store Aqua Fix, and two coats of Infra Red. I was really straining to see any holographic effect in this polish :( I do like the colour as it is though, and it's cheering me up on this grey, rainy day.

(Excuse the glove fluff strand on my nail, I like my gloves, and they emphasise the fact that the day is grey)
Personally, I wouldn't call this red though.
My 'glinting' flash photo (I love these!)
No flash
The photograph without flash doesn't do this polish any justice I have to say. It looks washed out, but on my nails it still looks a lovely bold colour like in the flash photographs.

Edit to add: The sun just came out - yay! Okay, so you can see my super dry cuticles, but I don't care, look how pretty it is in the sun! Maybe it looks red here actually...



I hope the remaining colours I have to swatch from this collection grow on me as much as did this during the day!!

What do you think of Infra Red? Yay or nay?
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment